ISLAMABAD: A private bank building has caught fire due to short circuiting while goods valuing million of rupees have been reduced to ashes in the incident.
The building of United Bank Limited (UBL) located in 8th storey of a plaza caught fire early in the morning in Jinnah Avenue Blue area here Thursday. Fire erupted due to short circuiting and it engulfed the whole 8th storey in no time. The entire staff of bank rushed out of building, however 12 among them could not come out due to auto lock system. However rescue and fire brigade teams reached the scene and secured these 12 staffers. The fire brigade staff extinguished the fire. No casualty has been reported.
Interior minister Rehman Malik has ordered inquiry into the incident directing the concerned authorities to present report within a week.