What is Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever also known as break bone fever are acute febrile diseases transmitted by mosquitoes, which occur in the tropics, can be life-threatening, and are caused by four closely related virus serotypes of the genus Flavivirus, family Flaviviridae. The mosquitoes that spread dengue usually bite at dusk and dawn but may bite at any time during the day, especially indoors, in shady areas, or when the weather is cloudy.
Signs and symptoms
The disease manifests as fever of sudden onset associated with headache, muscle and joint pains (myalgias and arthralgias—severe pain that gives it the nickname break-bone fever or bonecrusher disease), distinctive retro-orbital pain, and rash.
Precaution measures to be safe Click here to read in Urdu
1. All water from room cooler should be taken out.
2. Don’t let the water get accumulated near the plants and inside plant pots
3. Cover your face and body at dawn and dusk
4. Apply anti mosquito lotion on the uncovered parts of your body
5. Cover your body and face while walking in the garden/park.
6. Use anti mosquito spray in the house at evening.
7. Don’t let the people dumped garbage near your house.
8. Cover your saved water pots.
9. Keep the old tyres of vehicles in proper shape so that rain water does not get accumulated in them.
The Srilankan team that visited Pakistan said that dengue has just started in Pakistan and it will increase in coming days but the good news is that 95% cases of dengue will not be deadly, only 5% needs extra attention of doctors. So don’t be scared if you got fever. Don’t rush to hospital for test until you feel that your fever is not going despite taking normal fever medicines. On top of all, if you got dengue PLEASE DO NOT STOP EATING, TAKE JUICES AND EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
Contact the nearest Government hospital indications appears where health care facilities will be available free of cost.
Please share this post with your family and friends.