Headlines

Zulfiqar Mirza not removed; on leave: Malik

ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that Sindh Home Minister Zulfiqar Mirza has not been removed but is on leave due to health reasons.

Talking to media outside the Parliament House on Thursday, the Interior Minister said that the Provincial Home Minister has not been removed from his post due to bad health he wanted to take some days off and rest; the party leadership advised him to take some time off.

In response to a question that is Zulfiqar Mirza being given the post of federal interior Minister, the livid minister replied this is hazardous to health of both the questioner and the respondent. He said that all decisions are made by the party leadership and so far no decision in this regard is under consideration.

Regarding handing over of former President Pervez Musharraf he said the matter is pending in the court and whatever the verdict of the court we would implement it.

He said we have no extradition treaty with UK.

Regarding reduction in Petroleum prices, he said that a formula is being settled to reduce the prices of petroleum products and soon an announcement would be made in this regard.

Meanwhile according to a private TV channel a notification from the Sindh government has been issued which stated that Sindh Home Minister Dr. Zulfiqar Mirza is going on a 30-day leave for medical treatment to the United States.

However, the government has not issued any notification confirming media reports that said in the absence of Mirza, Sindh’s Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah will be taking up his responsibilities as Sindh Home Minister.



About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.