Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said that Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is interested to keep on dialogues process with Pakistan but opposition and Congress are not fully cooperating with him.
Talking to journalists on Tuesday, the Foreign Minister said that despite Mumbai like incidents they are still sincere to continue dialogue with India adding that India had showed willingness to start the halted dialogue with Pakistan then why showing hesitation to continue the peace process.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi said that Hafiz Saeed was twice released by courts owing to lack of solid evidences against him. He further stated that terrorists are taking advantage of the halted peace process of Pakistan and India.
The Foreign Minister said that they would be ready if India asked for direct dialogue adding that rest of the world has been assured that India is reluctant to continue dialogue with Pakistan. He said Pakistan is even ready to accept the role of mediator from the United States, Saudi Arabia or China for talks between Pakistan and India.
The Foreign Minister said now the international community has realized that India is facing internal problems to resume dialogue, adding, Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani engaged his Indian counterpart Dr. Manmohan Singh in Sharm-el-Sheikh and agreed to continue the dialogue process.
Qureshi said as promised he met his Indian counterpart in New York and presented a road map for continuation of the dialogue process, but so far Pakistan has not received any response from India on this road map.
The foreign minister said Pakistan has initiated its process to arrest the culprits involved in the Mumbai attacks and their case is in the court, adding now there is need to give due respect and honour to the court process.